Bean to Bar Film
The film supports the Pa Pa Paa lesson plans.
Pa Pa Paa film
A 35 minute film explaining how cocoa is harvested, traded, processed and retailed. It is a concise, fast paced and entertaining introduction to the 'bean to bar' story of cocoa and Fairtrade chocolate.
It is a great way to introduce the whole topic, or to end a programme of work with a reminder of all the key themes.
It is divided into short sections:
- Farming cocoa
- Meet Mary and her sister on their cocoa farm
- Kuapa Kokoo: what they do
- Meet cocoa farmer Daniel
- Meet Kuapa Kokoo Recorder, Michael
- Fairtrade: the difference it makes
- Chocolate production
- Big business: the global cocoa industry
- Kuapa Kokoo's own chocolate company
- The Fairtrade market
- Fairtrade in your school
The film is most suitable for Key Stage 3 but many sections are great for Key Stages 2 and 4 as well.